This Chinese chicken wings recipe with soy sauce is a perfect blend of bar and grill finger foods and Asian style sauces and spices. The end result is a finger licking experience that is out of this world.
My brother in law was born on New Year’s Eve so he has the perfect opportunity to celebrate every year. His family invited us over to a carry in at their house. Tim and I wanted to incorporate a Chinese New Year theme with classic party food.
We decided to bring Chinese chicken wings. Since people tend to overeat during the holidays we figured these low carb chicken wings would be ideal for those embarking on a weight loss journey for the new year.
I sampled our wings before heading over to the get-together. I tasted the zingy Asian honey chicken sauce and flipped for it. The wings were crispy oven baked chicken wings with just a little kick on the back-end. After baking, we drenched them with the sweet Asian sauce.
For those of you who are not diet conscience, these wings go great with a cold dark lager or stout beer. We accompanied these wings with traditional celery and ranch dressing but you might consider preparing snow peas or perhaps lemongrass.
How to Make Chinese Chicken Wings Recipe with Soy Sauce
1) Start by rinsing the chicken wings under cold water and then patting them dry with a paper towel.
2) Next, combine the baking powder and salt in a large freezer bag, add the chicken wings and coat evenly.
3) Preheat oven to 250 degrees F. and arrange all wings on a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper and spray with olive oil. After 30 minutes, increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees.
4) Coat the cooked wings in the sauce mixture.
Chinese Chicken Wings Recipe with Soy Sauce: Baked Asian Honey Chicken
This is a perfect harmony between the traditional bar and grill taste and Asian spice and sauces.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 pound chicken wings cut apart at the joint
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 cups soy sauce
- 2 tbsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp Asian chili paste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 green onions (chopped )
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp mince garlic
How to Make Chinese Chicken Wings with Soy Sauce
1) Preheat oven to 250 degrees
2) Rinse defrosted chicken wings under cold water and thoroughly pat dry with a paper towel.
3) Combine baking powder and mix salt into a large freezer and add chicken wings.
4) Coat the wings evenly with the mixture.
5) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and coat with olive oil spray.
6) Add wings to a baking tray and insert into the oven for 30 minutes.
7) After 30 minutes flip with wings, increase the temperature to 425 degrees F for an additional 35- 40 minutes.
8) In a large skillet, combine sesame oil, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, Asian chili paste, minced ginger, garlic, lime juice, and cayenne pepper over medium-high heat
9) Cook the mixture until it reduces in half
10) After wings cook, all them to cook and then combine with sauce and top with sesame seeds and chopped green onion.
Wrapping it Up
I hope you like these Chinese chicken wings recipe with soy sauce as much as we did! Please share this post on social media if you enjoyed it!