My love affair with grilled food is an addiction that I hope I never have to give up. It’s February and we are feeling the full effects of Winter, but it isn’t going to stop us from enjoying this easy Hawaiian chicken recipe.
HAWAIIAN CHICKEN INSPIRATION
Chicken recipes are a dime a dozen. You can find them everywhere. We were looking for something different. What we came up with was a delicious pineapple/ whiskey infused Hawaiian chicken masterpiece.
We wanted to make a fusion of Chinese and Hawaiian culture. We sautéed snow peas, and onions and red and green pepper in a pan. We also made a sauce with pineapple juice, Asian garlic chili sauce, bourbon, brown sugar, and ginger.
The sauce was out of this world. The bourbon is the perfect ingredient to enhance the flavor of the sauce.
I am officially on-board with this Hawaiian chicken recipe. It turned out way better than I could have imagined.
PUTTING THE HAWAIIAN CHICKEN RECIPE TOGETHER
To start our Hawaiian chicken, we piled the chicken and vegetables on a crunchy bed of romaine lettuce. We then added more bourbon, brown sugar glaze and added Lo-Mein noodles to give the dish a salty crunch.
A UNIQUE CHICKEN RECIPE
This easy Hawaiian chicken recipe was the best fusion dish I have experienced in a long time. It had the ideal balance of sweet, sour, and savory. It was low carb because we used lean chicken breast and a bed of romaine lettuce instead of rice or quinoa.
Best Hawaiian Chicken Recipe With Pineapple and Bourbon Whiskey Sauce
Chicken is so versatile. With this recipe we chose to create a fusion of both Hawaiian and Chinese foods. The result is the delicious pineapple chicken recipe.
Course: Main Course, Stir Fry
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
Servings: 4 people
- 4 chicken breasts halved
Hawaiian Chicken Recipe Marinade and Glaze
- 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1.5 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian garlic chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Stir Fry Vegetables for Hawaiian Chicken
- 1/2 red pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 green pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 head red leaf romaine lettuce whole Leaf
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup Lo-Mein noodles
1) Halve all 4 chicken breast and set aside.
2) Combine all Chicken Marinade and Bourbon Glaze ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until thoroughly mixed
3) Add a 1/4 cup of the Chicken Marinade and Bourbon Glaze into a large zip-lock freezer bag
4) Set remaining glaze aside for later
5) Add the chicken breast into the zip-lock bag and close
6) Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours or overnight
Vegetable Stir Fry
1) Spray a large skillet with olive oil spray
2) Set burner to medium high heat
3) Add onion and cook until they turn a light brown color
4) Add red and green peppers, snow peas and pineapple chunks
5) Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the snow peas are soft.
1) When you’re ready to grill, remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry
2) Set the grill to a medium high heat. About 375 degrees
3) Grill the chicken about 5 minutes per side or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees
4) Remove and let cool for at least 5 minutes
5) Cut chicken into slices and set aside.
Wrapping it Up
1) Add 2 romaine red leafs to the bottom of a bowl.
2) Top with stir fry mix, sliced chicken and Lo-Mein.
3) Drizzle with remaining brown sugar bourbon glaze or use for dipping sauce.