This honey chicken recipe is an easy recipe to make. This recipe really packs on the flavor with only a few basic ingredients, like honey, lime, chipotle pepper and soy.
Cook several chicken breast, tenders, or thighs ahead of time and your family will love you for it.
If weight loss is your thing, this is a recipe will be right up your alley. This dish is definitely low carb/low calorie so eat as much as you like. In this example, I cooked the chicken in a skillet but you could easily adapt this for the grill, crockpot or baking in an oven.
Lime marinade for honey chicken recipe
A marinade for this recipe is not required but if you have a little time and patients, simply place your chicken breasts in a freezer bag and pour in some lime juice.
What goes with honey chicken recipe?
If you would like to pair a side with your honey lime chicken, consider adding rice, quinoa or a simple salad. This dish would also be great on a sandwich, pita or flatbread.
Chipotle honey lime chicken | Easy chicken recipe
Instructions for optional marinade
- Place all chicken breasts in a freezer bag
- Add enough lime juice to cover the chicken
- Place mix in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
Instructions for Chipotle honey lime glaze
- Squeeze two of the limes and combine honey, soy, garlic, salt and chipotle pepper in a bowl and mix
- Set aside
Instructions for cooking
- Spray a skillet with olive oil cooking spray and set on medium high heat
- Place the chicken breast in the skillet skin side down and cook until the skin start to brown (about 5 – 8 minutes)
- Flip the chicken, brush the glaze on and reduce heat to low
- Cover the skillet and cook for an additional 12-14 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked
- Remove from skillet and place on lime slices and top with chives