This easy beef chilli recipe has an amazing southwestern taste for those long fall and winter nights.
The best chilli recipes equal great comfort food
What is more perfect than chilli on a cloudy Fall day? If you’re like me, their is just something about chilli ingredients that fills the house with a wonderful aroma and warms the heart.
This southwest chilli recipe is perfect for anyone who likes to make food ahead or freeze in the ice box. Homemade chilli is a great meal to take to work.
All great ground beef recipes start with onion, peppers, garlic, olive oil simmering on a pot.
The chilli my husband prepared has a distinct kick and is the most delicious chilli recipe. Ground beef recipes like this one are lean and high in protein. What I found refreshing about this homemade chilli was the use of corn and portobello mushrooms.
We like to enjoy our chilli on a lazy Sunday afternoon. As the chilli simmers down, the smell of the spicy tomatoes in this beef chilli recipe permeates the entire house. We snacked on it all day.
This southwest chilli recipe gets better and better the longer it simmers.
Homemade chilli can be easy and delicious
The amount of spice in the easy beef chilli was right on point. Not to hot and not to mild. My husband’s take on this classic was just remarkable.
Easy beef chili recipe | Best southwest chili recipe
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 White Onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Red pepper
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can chilli beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup beef stock
- .5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- In a large pot, add olive oil, beef stock, onion, garlic and lean ground beef and cook over medium heat.
- Cook until meat is no longer pink, drain and then add back to the large pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Cook for at least an hour and continue to stir.
- Lower the temperature to low.
- Optional: Top beef chilli recipe with cheese and chives.