Here at Slim Chef Recipes, we strongly feel that cooking should always be fun and exciting. And we sure had a really good time making this delicious frozen strawberry chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick recipe. This yummy treat was inspired by many creative carnival and festival dishes found here in the United States.
If you’ve never had frozen cheesecake dipped in chocolate, you’re missing out on a real treat. I first met this amazing and indulgent treat at the annual Strawberry Festival in Troy, Ohio.
I have also become a big fan of the show Carnival Eats on the Cooking Channel. Watching the show got me inspired to create my own carnival/festival treat for this blog.
Looking back on the dessert I had previously enjoyed at the Troy Strawberry Festival, although I thoroughly enjoyed most of them, I recall their cheesecake on a stick being very basic and straight-forward. It was basically a slab of cheesecake with a frozen chocolate shell. I had a few ideas on how to improve upon a recipe of my very own.
Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake on a Stick
Strawberries stuffed with cheesecake filling and dipped in chocolate.
What’s not to love?
Prep Time 3 hours 30 minutes
Servings 6 people
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1//4 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 ounces Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup graham crackers crumbled
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
Other Ingredients for Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake on a Stick
- 20 large strawberries
- 2 bottles of Magic Shell chocolate
- 1 ice cream sundae nut topping (optional)
- 24 Popsicle sticks
Cheesecake on a Stick Filling
1) Melt the butter in a microwave-safe container.
2) Add the graham cracker crumble into the butter and mix by hand.
3) Add graham cracker mix, cream cheese, Cool Whip, vanilla extract, and sugar into a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
4) Cover the mixing bowl and refrigerate for an hour or more.
Strawberry Prep for Cheesecake on a Stick
1) Cut the tops off of each strawberry so that they will lay flat on a plate.
2) Use a small melon scooper or a teaspoon to scoop out the center of each strawberry. The strawberry needs to maintain its structure, so be sure not to cut too deep.
3) Set all strawberries on a plate covered in wax paper.
4) Scoop the desired amount of cheesecake and fill it inside each strawberry.
5) Cover the strawberries and freeze for 2 hours.
6) Pierce each strawberry with a Popsicle stick
7) Shake and pour the contents of one Magic Shell chocolate container into a Dixie cup. If you need more chocolate, wait until the time is needed.
8) Dip each strawberry into the Dixie cup and completely cover the strawberry.
9) (Optional) Immediately roll the strawberries into the nut topping mixture. If you wait too long, the Magic Shell will stiffen.
Cheesecake on a Stick Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving (1 g)
Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g (14%)
Saturated Fat 3 g (15%)
Polyunsaturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 3 mg (1%)
Sodium 38 mg (2%)
Potassium 388 mg (11%)
Total Carbohydrates 28 g (9%)
Dietary Fiber 6 g (24%)
Sugars 19 g
Protein 3 g (6%)
Vitamin A 1%
Final Thoughts About My Frozen Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake on a Stick
We hope you have as much fun making and eating this frozen treat as we did. If you wish to make a comment, we’d love to hear from you. Also, please share this post on social media if you find it valuable.