If you are a fan of Asian inspired dished, you will love this grill sweet tea chicken and honey ginger salad recipe. Slim Chef Recipes prides itself on quick, easy, healthy recipes engineered towards a healthy lifestyle and weight loss. This recipe brilliantly captures those Asian flavors without sacrificing all those unwanted calories and carbs.
Green tea is a perfect exotic way to flavor chicken breast meat. In this recipe, the chicken sits high atop a mountain of arugula lettuce that is not only delicious but aesthetically pleasing as well. Experimenting with tea infusion is fun too. If you want, try purchasing a loose leaf tea sampler to see which teas work best for you.
The sauce that the chicken simmers in is made with ginger root, honey, green tea, soy, salt, pepper, garlic and white onion. Through the process of reduction, the sauce thickens to a perfect consistency.
My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed this meal and are pleased to share it with you the reader. The fusion of a sweet Asian sauce and grilled chicken left a heavenly taste in our mouths.
If you are like me and enjoy Asian cuisine, you know that it is very high in fat, calories, and carbs. If you crave the taste but don’t want to pay the price on the scale, this recipe is perfect for you.
This dish is simple and fast to prepare. This is an ideal meal to prepare during the week and before one of those long overdue cheat days. Since we prepared this meal as a salad, it makes a perfect dish for those of you on the go. Whether its, lunch, dinner or simply a snack, you can’t go wrong with this delicious grilled sweet tea chicken breast.
Grilled green tea chicken breast and honey ginger salad
- 1/2 cup brewed unsweetened green tea
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger root
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Black pepper
- 1 tsp diced garlic cloves
- 4 halved chicken breasts
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high.
- Add tea, honey, soy, garlic, ginger root, salt, pepper, and onion.
- Reduce liquid my half and allow time to cool.
- Half chicken breasts and place in a large zip lock bag along with half of the contents of the cooled marinade.
- Place the remaining marinade in a small bowl or container.
- Place bag in the refrigerator for at least an hour before cooking.
- Set grill to high heat 5-10 minutes prior to cooking.
- Place chicken breast on grill and cook thoroughly. Should take approximately 5-6 minutes per side.
- Baste marinade as needed
- Server over arugula lettuce and pour desired amount of marinade over chicken.