This pineapple chicken recipe is very simple, tastes amazing and is very healthy. Easy recipes are some of my favorite. Not only is it packed full of flavor but also produces chicken so tender you can cut it with a fork. The teriyaki is a wonderful accent to the sweet pineapple flavor.
INTRO TO PINEAPPLE CHICKEN RECIPE
If you’re like me, great tasting food is ideal but the taste should not interfere with whether it fits into my daily macros.
The great news is that this recipe is not only amazing to taste but is also low in calories and low in carbs.
That makes this recipe a real win-win. My love of chicken is the worst-kept secret on the planet.
MY LOVE OF PINEAPPLE AND CHICKEN IS ETERNAL
I sure hope there is pineapple chicken in heaven.
No, but really though.
I eat chicken wherever and whenever possible. I consider chicken the perfect food because it is low in calories and carbs and contains high amounts of protein.
Not to mention that it easily absorbs the flavors that you inject into it.
This recipe really does pack on the flavor and is very easy to make with just a few ingredients. These are:
- Chicken breast
- Crushed pineapple
- Teriyaki sauce
- Chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper
PINEAPPLE CHICKEN MARINADE
There is just something so magical about combining the flavors of teriyaki with chicken. Both ingredients are used in lots of Japanese dishes, and for good reason.
Add pineapple into the mix and now you have a fusion of Hawaiian and Japanese flavors into your chicken. I think this fusion is a great pairing.
To complete the mix we add in chopped cilantro, garlic and salt and pepper. The end result is a nice smooth taste and an extremely tender dish.
PREPARING THE PINEAPPLE MARINADE
Fortunately, marinating chicken is not a complicated or time-consuming process. Simply poke small holes into the thawed chicken breast with a fork.
Combine all of the ingredients into a large ziplock freezer bag, add the chicken and let set in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
PREPARING THE GRILL FOR YOUR TERIYAKI, PINEAPPLE CHICKEN
Once you master this process, you will never want to cook chicken any other way.
Grilling chicken can be difficult, to say the least. I know many people who shy away from grilling chicken because of this fact. Because of salmonella concerns, you have to ensure it is cooked thoroughly. Overcook it and it dries out to the point of being un-edible.
Grill marks do not change or alter the taste in any way whatsoever. However, there is just something about seeing properly cooked food with grill marks that makes food, and especially chicken, look so appetizing. Your friends and family will be extremely impressed if you master this principle.
CHICKEN GRILL MARKS PROCESS
Believe it or not, adding grill marks to food really isn’t that complicated but you have to babysit your food to make it work. Here’s how it’s done:
1) Start by turning one side of your grill on to high heat. Leave the other side on low heat
2) Let the grill heat for 10 to 15 minutes before placing the meat on the grill
3) Spray cooking oil on both sides of the meat and not on the grill
4) Add meat to the side with high heat for about 2 minutes. Lift up one breast to see if it has been seared
5) Once the meat is properly seared, transfer meat to low heat side and let cook for approximately 2 minutes.
6) Use a meat thermometer to ensure the meat is cooked properly (160°F). If you don’t have a thermometer, cut on breast into the thickest part and make sure the meat is not pink
7) Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with foil for 5 minutes.
Pineapple Chicken Recipe | Pineapple Marinade | Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
Cuisine: Chicken Breast
Keywords: Pineapple Chicken Marinade, Pineapple Chicken Recipe, Pineapple Marinade
- 4 halved Chicken breasts
- 1 8 oz can Crushed Pineapple
- 1 Small Minced Garlic
- 1 Cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Cilantro
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1 pinch of Pepper
1) Cut 4 chicken breasts in half
2) Poke holes in chicken with a fork
3) Pour all ingredients into a large zip lock freezer bag
4) Add chicken into freezer bag, seal and shake
5) Place in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours
6) Heat half of grill to high heat and half to low
7) Place chicken top side down for 2 to 3 minutes or until grill marks appear
8) Move chicken to low heat and continue to heat until temp is 160°F or until center is no longer pink. Should only take a few minutes
9) Move chicken to plate and cover with foil for 5 minutes
WRAPPING UP THE PINEAPPLE CHICKEN RECIPE
This pineapple chicken recipe is a great way to flavor chicken breast. The delicious pineapple marinade compliments the chicken breast perfectly.
From here, the possibilities are endless. I like to pair this teriyaki pineapple chicken recipe with quinoa, steam stir-fry vegetables, or rice. A nice dry glass of dry Riesling wine will go a long way, as well!