Bring out the inner chef in you by preparing the easy-to-make and amazing-to-eat Pita Bread using the Low Calorie Pita Bread Recipe.
This article is best for the bread lovers who want to take their love for bread to another level by baking bread at home by themselves. The low calorie pita bread is perfect when served with homemade hummus or Mediterranean salads.
Another reason to love this recipe is that it is low in fat and contains olive oil. In addition, the bread doesn’t have preservatives and chemicals which are present in store-bought bread.
This Low Calorie Pita Bread Recipe uses whole wheat flour, making this bread ideal for gym enthusiasts.
Ingredients for Low Calorie Pita Bread Recipe:
2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoon rapid rise yeast
1 ½ cup warm water
One tablespoon sugar/ honey
Two tablespoon olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Include sugar or honey as per your preference
- Slowly add water to the bowl and mix all the ingredients using a wooden spatula. Mix all the contents till you get a crumbly mixture, with no traces of dry flour.
- Add one tablespoon Olive oil to the mixture and hand-knead the dough. Add dry flour to avoid unnecessary sticking of dough to the bowl. Knead the dough for 5-6 minutes till you get a homogeneous and soft dough.
- Cover the bowl with a wet cloth and leave it for at least an hour in a warm place
- Preheat the oven to 45F and cover the tray lightly with oil
- Divide the dough into 12 equal proportions and form them in a small ball
- Dust some dry flour on the board, and using a rolling pin, flatten each dough portion into roughly 5-6″ round pitas. Cover the tray with a clean cloth and let it rest for 10 min
- Put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 8 minutes. For getting a golden color, bake the pitas in broil mode for 1-2 minutes
- Serve the delicious low-calorie pita bread with any hummus you love.