Easy low carb strawberry cheesecake bites are a dream come true for anyone trying to be healthy or lose a few pounds. It has a very decadent taste for being low in sugar. The crust is crunchy and the cheese filling is sweet to the taste. The end result was a very pleasant surprise. While nothing can replace a delightful slice of New York cheesecake, this will certainly curb those cravings.
Mini cheesecake bites Reference
This recipe was adapted from the recipe SKINNY BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE BITES by the folks at http://www.yummyhealthyeasy.com. Please be sure to pay them a visit. I only changed a few minor things. Instead of Truvia, our recipe uses Stevia and instead of blueberry, we chose strawberries.
Not only will it satisfy your sweet tooth but it won’t spoil all the progress you’ve made. Best of all, these mini bites taste enough like the real thing.
If you’re like me, cheesecake is a comfort food that is hard to give up. Before I started my fitness journey, I would indulge far too often. After I decided to change my lifestyle, cheesecake is something I gave up.
Is eating cheesecake for dinner healthy or unhealthy?
Although the taste is simply amazing, most cheesecakes can weigh in at 400 plus calories per serving and 30 plus grams of carbs. This is where dieters get confused. If you and I had to choose between chicken breast or cheesecake, the healthy choice is going to be chicken. With that being said, losing weight is simply a numbers game. Are you eating more calories than your body is burning? If the answer is yes, you will lose weight over time. If not, you will gain or maintain your current weight.
Is cheesecake actually cake or pie?
Who makes up these rules anyway? Cheesecake is pie. It should be called cheese-pie. Come on people let’s get this changed. Come to think of it, our easy low carb strawberry cheesecake bites are cooked in a baking pan so maybe we should call them cheese-muffins.
What makes this mini cheesecake bites recipe healthy?
I want to stress that I believe in moderation. As long as the food you eat falls into your daily macros, eat what you want. If you and I can practice this simple principle, weight loss and good health is achievable. One of the key factors to practicing moderation is limiting portions. With the portions in this recipe, the calorie count is around 188 calories and around 10 grams of carbs per serving
These mini cheese bites are mobile
The mini cheesecake bites have a crunchy mix of graham cracker and almond slivers. Because we used muffin liners in the muffin pan, this makes for easy portability without making a big mess. Even better, you will be able to store these in a freezer bag in the freezer for future consumption.
The ingredients are pretty simple and straightforward. You should be able to find these items in your local market. You will need cream cheese, graham crackers, almonds, coconut oil, salt, stevia, cornstarch, vanilla extract, strawberries, eggs, and Greek yogurt.
Healthy Mini Cheesecake Bites Recipe
- .5 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs For Crust
- .25 cups Slivered Almonds For Crust
- .50 tsp Stevia For Crust
- 1 dash Salt For Crust
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil For Crust
- 1 tsp Cornstarch For filling
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract For filling
- 7 oz Cream cheese For filling
- 1 Large Egg For filling
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt For filling
- 4 Strawberries Quarter cut For filling
- 1 tbsp Stevia For filling
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Place 12 mini paper liners in a 24-cup mini muffin tin. Combine crust ingredients in a small bowl and combine until crumbly.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon into each muffin cup. Lightly press down in the bottom of the liner using the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 5 minutes and then set aside to cool - leave oven on.
- Meanwhile, place the 1 Tbsp. Stevia, cornstarch, vanilla and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Beat with a mixer for 3 minutes, or until thoroughly combined.
- Add egg and beat well for 1 minute.
- Add Greek yogurt and beat another minute.
- Scoop 1 Tbsp. of filling into each muffin cup, covering the crust. Place 1 piece of strawberry on top, in the middle of every mini cheesecake.
- Bake at 350º for 12 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack and chill for at least 2 hours.