Is there anything more refreshing than a frozen vanilla iced coffee recipe on a hot summer day? Not only will it cool you off but will give you a serious boost of energy to boot.
Starbucks is convenient and a great treat but what if there were a cheaper alternative that is also lower in calories and carbs.
Many of us need coffee in the morning to even get in the car and drive to our destination. And consume another cup once we get there to function at an adequate level.
Cold brewed or hot brewed coffee
Coffee is often a delight when sipped along with decadent cookies for a sweet dessert. There are a lot of us who love the taste of coffee as well as enjoy it for the caffeine content.
There is something soothing about reading a novel and having a cup of coffee on the nightstand. Let’s face it, coffee is relaxing. There is no doubt about it.
Vanilla Iced coffee recipe on a hot summer day
For me, frozen coffee ice cubes in coffee with milk is comforting and healthier than energy drinks. Using a whole milk substitute like almond milk, coconut milk, soy or cashew milk can provide many additional benefits.
Frozen iced coffee with milk
- 2 cups brewed espresso coffee
- liquid Stevia
- .5 cups almond milk
- 1 dash vanilla extract
- Brew 2 cups of espresso or preferred coffee
- Pour 1 cup of coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze
- Chill remaining coffee in the refrigerator
- Pour .5 cups of chilled coffee into a glass
- Add .5 cup of almond milk
- Apply 3 squirts of liquid Stevia to glass and mix
- Add half of the ice cubes to the glass
- Repeat process for the second glass