Bread is consumed every day and has a lot of calories. You want to cut on calories but want some side dish to have it with your spreads. Here is a recipe for low-calorie bread Woolworths, which is easy to make and could act as a healthy substitute to cut on calories.
About the Recipe for Low Calorie Bread Woolworths
It is a recipe for light and crusty bread, which is easy to prepare. You can pair it with spreads, dressings, salads, or even curries. It will best go with some delicious pasta. The calorie intake is also low compared to other loaves of bread, thus adding to a healthy component in your food.
130 per 2 slices
3 3/4 cups
- To prepare the dough, take a bowl, add 375ml lukewarm water. In the water, add yeast and mix it. To the yeast, add flour and salt.
- Combine the mixture to form a soft dough. Cover the bowl with a towel, and place it near a warm area. Leave it for 12-24 hours until it has doubled in size.
- Take the proofed dough, and place it on a flat surface. Ensure that you dust some flour on the surface as well as dough for easy process.
- Fold and flatten the dough five times. Take a bowl, grease it with oil and place the dough in it. Keep the dough at rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 230°C.
- Take a baking tray or a pan and place parchment paper on it. Place the dough and mark the cross on it using a knife.
- Bake the dough in a covered pan using an oven for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid on the pan, brush some oil on top of the bread and bake it again for 20 minutes until it is golden brown.
- Let the bread cool down. Voila! The crusty Italian bread is ready. Pair it with anything you like to eat.
Nutritional profile per serving
I hope you like this recipe and will try to make it at your home. Also check the recipe for low calorie pita bread.