Lasagna style oven baked Portobello mushrooms are a nice alternative to tradition carb heavy recipes.
I’ve been a huge fan of Portobello mushrooms for a long time. Years ago, Panera Bread had a Portobello sandwich that was absolutely divine. I don’t remember exactly what was on it. In fact, I only remember the pleasure to my taste buds.
Lasagna is also a guilty pleasure on mine. I can eat and eat and eat…. And that is exactly the problem.
As someone who is concerned with healthy eating habits, I’ve nearly cut lasagna out of my diet completely. I still miss that wonderful taste.
What if you could satisfy that lasagna fix without all the carbs? Well this oven baked Portobello mushroom lasagna will certainly satisfy.
All of the ingredients needed for this recipe can be found at your local market. You can feed your entire family for a reasonable cost.
Besides the full flavored meaty taste of the Portobello’s, you get the rich taste of the smooth ricotta cheese that you would normally find in lasagna. The rest of the filling includes a combination of egg, basil, salt, pepper, Parmesan, Romano and mozzarella cheeses.
There is something amazing about the taste of olive oil basted on the outside of the Portobello mushrooms. It’s a mouthwatering experience that will keep you coming back for more.
Lasagna stuffed oven baked Portobello mushrooms
- 6 Portobello mushroom caps
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1.5 cup Mozzarella cheese
- .25 cup Parmesan cheese
- .25 cup Romano cheese
- 1 jar Spaghetti sauce
- 2.5 tbsp Fresh basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Baby spinach
- Mushroom Preparation
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Scoop mushroom caps out with a spoon
- Baste both sides of mushrooms with olive oil
- Salt and pepper both sides
- Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes
- Drain excess liquid from the mushrooms
- Combine all cheeses, egg, garlic, basil and salt and pepper in a bowl
- Fill mushrooms with cheese filling
Top with Spaghetti sauce and then sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, spinach and Parmesan.
- Cook for 10 minutes