Fall is that special time of year when everyone on the planet goes crazy over pumpkin anything. As the leaves fall and the nights grow longer, our bellies growl in anticipation of the next comforting food.
If you’re like me, I tend to crave caramel apples, apple cider, anything with cinnamon and pumpkin pie. And who doesn’t love Halloween candy?
This pumpkin oven French toast sticks recipe is ideal for a weekend fall brunch.
Prepare Your Homemade French Toast Sticks Egg Wash
If you are looking for kid-friendly fall recipes, then look no further than this pumpkin inspired masterpiece. The bread used in your pumpkin French toast recipe should be on the thicker side.
Cut the pieces into thicker strips. As you dip the bread into the egg wash, it will get soft and tend to fall apart.
The ingredients in the egg wash include eggs, pumpkin pie filling, pumpkin spice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and milk.
Homemade French Toast Sticks with Pumpkin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 1 Loaf of Thick Bread
- 3 Eggs
- .5 cup Skim Milk
- 1 cup Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 tsp Pumkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Powdered Sugar
- Sugar-Free maple syrup
- Oilve Oil Spray
1) Heat skillet at medium-high heat and coat with olive oil
2) Cut bread into thick strips
3) Mix eggs, milk, pumpkin pie filling, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a large bowl and stir
4) Thoroughly coat each bread strip with egg wash.
5) Place each bread strip in the skillet and cook until brown on each side
6) Place pumpkin french toast sticks on a plate and sprinkle with powdered sugar
7) Serve with sugar-free maple syrup