Who doesn’t like brownies? The soft, gooey, fudgy texture makes us want to have it all. Paired with ice cream, it is just food for the soul. But following a diet does not give room for such delicious desserts, and we cannot stop craving for it, especially when another person has a good dessert and you cannot. Do not worry. Here is a healthy and straightforward low-calorie protein brownie recipe for you to make at home and enjoy the deliciousness.
Recipe for Low Calorie Protein Brownies
Below is a recipe for healthy, vegan low-calorie protein brownies which will quench your desires for a soft, dense textural, fudgy brownie. It is an easy recipe with only a handful of ingredients. You can pair your brownie with ice cream or a shake or even eat as it is to satisfy your sweet cravings.
Recipe Details[wptb id=9148]
- Turn on the oven to preheat at 350 F.
- Take a bowl, add bananas and mash them with a fork.
- Add cocoa powder, unsweetened applesauce, protein powder, sea salt, and vanilla. Mix the ingredients to make it in a thick batter.
- To the mixture, add chocolate chips or any nuts (walnuts, almonds) you like.
- Take a pan, spray it with cooking oil, or place butter paper or parchment sheet. Evenly distribute the mixture in the pan. Use a spatula to flatten the batter.
- You can sprinkle more chocolate chips or dry fruits on the top if you want.
- Put the tray in the oven and bake it for 20 minutes. After the brownies and bakes, take the pan out and cool down for about 10 minutes.
- Cut the brownies into eight equal slices.
- Keep the brownies in the fridge to get firm and chilled, so they are rich and dense in texture.
- You can store the brownies in an air-tight container for up to one week.
- Enjoy your brownie!!
Nutritional profile per serving[wptb id=9146]
Do try the recipe out. If you are not a fan of bananas, you can substitute them with pumpkin. And also, you can add your favorite toppings or chocolate syrup on the top to add on the feeling of happiness while eating the brownies.
Also, if you are a chocolate lover, check these yummy chocolate chip cookies.
If you are interested in a low-calorie gluten-free recipe of protein brownies, check the recipe by Hayl’s Kitchen.