Dinner rolls are the most versatile kind of bread you can have. The dinner rolls are also known as pav or buns, which one eats as sides. These are easy to cook at home and can be eaten with an end number of dishes. You can eat dinner rolls with spicy mashed paneer or potato, pasta, and you can even enjoy it with soups. Below are two recipes for low calorie dinner rolls that you can easily make at home and enjoy.
Two recipes for low calorie dinner rolls
Garlic Herb Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls
Low calorie garlic herb whole wheat dinner rolls are super easy to make. They are soft, fluffy, and even better healthy. These use pure whole wheat flour and natural ingredients, and when they are fresh, they are more tempting and delicious.
Recipe Details[wptb id=9088]
- To prepare the dough for low-calorie dinner rolls to add warm milk and water to a mixing bowl. To this, add garlic, herbs, yeast, sugar, and salt. To the mix, slowly add the egg and whisk the mixture.
- Add whole wheat flour into the wet ingredients. Mix the flour to form a crumbly texture. Cover the mixture with a clean towel for about 10-15 minutes to absorb all the moisture.
- To knead the dough, take the mixture out on a flat surface from the bowl and knead it into a soft dough. Add oil to the dough for better texture.
- Keep the dough in a bowl, and cover it. Keep the dough near a warm temperature to rise for about 40 minutes until it is double in size.
- Take a baking tray or pan to keep the dough. Before placing the dough into the pan, divide it into 14-15 equal parts into a round ball. Brush the dough balls with oil and let them rest for few minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 375F. After the range is at the right temperature, place the baking tray into the oven. Bake dinner rolls for about 12-15 minutes until golden brown. After they are golden brown, take them out, and let them rest for 5 minutes.
- Enjoy these low calorie dinner rolls without any guilt!!
Nutritional profile per serving[wptb id=9087]
Skinny Dinner Rolls
If you are craving soft, buttery, flaky, slightly sweet, and low calorie dinner rolls, then you can try out the recipe for skinny dinner rolls. You can make the recipe at home, just that you have to wait for it to rise. But trust me, the result will be worth it.
Recipe Details[wptb id=9090]
- To prepare the dough, add flour, salt, sugar, and yeast to your large bowl and mix it. Slowly add warm water and milk to the mix. Whisk an egg into a separate bowl.
- Add light butter to your mixture slowly until it is spread evenly in the mix.
- Add flex egg to the wet ingredients, and knead the dough in a mixer until there is some elasticity.
- To knead the dough properly, spread it on a flat surface and knead it till it achieves softball texture. Place back the dough into a bowl, cover it with a clean cloth and let it rise for almost an hour. Remember to keep the dough at a warm temperature for better proofing.
- Take a baking tray or a pan and dust it with flour. Cut the dough into 24 balls, and place them into the pan. Brush the rolls with oil. Cover the pan with the cloth and let it rise again for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- Whisk the second egg with 1 tbsp of water into a small bowl. Apply the egg wash on the top of the rolls.
- Place the baking tray with balls in the oven. Bake the rolls for about 20-25 minutes until they turn golden brown. Take the rolls out of the microwave and let them cool down.
Nutritional profile per serving[wptb id=9092]
Gather your ingredients and enjoy amazing low calorie Dinner Rolls!!