Indian biscuits are most famous for their bakery biscuits. They vary in their taste ranging from sweet to salty, but all are delicious. Below are the two healthy, low calorie Indian biscuits recipes for you to make at home and enjoy.
Two recipes for low calorie Indian Biscuits
I. Atta biscuits
Recipe Details[wptb id=9130]
- To prepare the dough, mix whole wheat flour, nutmeg powder, cardamom powder, and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Take another bowl, add melted ghee and castor sugar and mix it well.
- Mix the wet ingredients into dry ingredients, and combine them.
- To the mixture, add milk. Knead the dough into a semi-stiff texture.
- Flatten the dough in a rectangle form of 225mm*125mm. Use the fork to prick the dough.
- Preheat the oven.
- Cut the dough into squares, and place them in a baking tray.
- Place the tray into the oven for 20 minutes at 360F until golden brown.
- Take the tray out of the range and let the biscuits cool down. Store the biscuits in an airtight container.
Nutritional profile per serving[wptb id=9128]
II. Jeera biscuits
Jeera biscuits have a savory note. These biscuits are also widely consumed and are a great variety of low calorie Indian biscuits. They are the perfect snack to munch on with your tea or coffee.
Recipe Details[wptb id=9133]
- To prepare the dough for jeera biscuits, take a bowl and mix butter and caster sugar until it has achieved a light and creamy texture.
- Take another bowl. Add flour, cumin seeds, and salt, and mix them.
- Add dry ingredients into a creamy mixture. Put milk and vanilla. Combine them to form into a dough.
- Roll and flatten the dough into a rectangle (250mm*175mm).
- Preheat the oven.
- Cut the dough into small squares or rectangles, and place them into the baking tray.
- Bake the biscuits for 25 minutes at 360F. Take the biscuits out when they have turned golden brown.
- Let the biscuits cool down so you can store them in an airtight container.
Nutritional profile per serving[wptb id=9131]
Hope you enjoy both these low calorie Indian biscuits. To know the recipe for more healthy biscuits, click here.