This One-Pan Caprese Stuffed Chicken with Spinach is a low-carb recipe that is baked in a tasty olive oil and basil glaze. It’s also done in 50 minutes.
Chicken breast is a very versatile meat. It’s an awesome source of protein and is extremely lean. This a great combination for those looking to lose a few pounds.
Chicken is great and all but it’s not very sexy by itself. Enter our baked caprese chicken breast recipe.
Easy chicken caprese recipe
This fantastic recipe is easy, tasty, simple and oven baked. It is an authentic Italian dish that is very healthy and low in carbs. The red, white, and green of the Italian flag are represented by Roma tomatoes, spinach, and mozzarella cheese.
Spinach caprese chicken is the perfect diet meal that is also delicious. It is the concept of a burrito without the tortilla. The mozzarella, tomatoes, and spinach inside this caprese stuffed chicken beauty.
Chicken caprese is great for diabetics
I am type one diabetic and insulin dependent. I ate a whole piece of this baked caprese chicken and only took one unit of insulin. The protein from the chicken kept me full for hours. My blood sugar remained around 100 and was stable until my next meal.
All of the ingredients in this recipe are easy to get and are very inexpensive.
Spinach chicken caprese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk
- Place chicken and marinade in a large freezer bag and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Main course instructions
- Coat a casserole dish with olive oil
- In a food processor lightly blend 2 roma tomatoes, onion and basil. Should be chunky
- Cut the chicken breasts horizontally to create a pocket for the filling. Be careful not to cut all the way through
- Brush both sides of the chicken breasts with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Fill each chicken breast with spinach, tomato slices, and mozzarella cheese, like a pita sandwich.
- Pierce chicken with a toothpick to hold together.
- Place in casserole dish and bake 50-55 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F