Smoker grills (more commonly known as “pellet grills”) are becoming quite popular. Everyone is after that unique hickory-smoked flavor when cooking meat.
Smoking meat brings out a bold flavor that simple grilling alone just is not capable of achieving.
Because of the recent success of our posts about barbequing recipes, I wanted to share an honest review with you about the pellet smoker grill used to bring some of those wonderful recipes to life!
The Traeger Grills Pro Series 34 Pellet Grill and Smoker is a smart buy for any cook looking for quality on a budget.
Unlike many of the higher-priced pellet grills, the Pro Series 34 pellet grill one is good because it is perfectly compatible for cooking skill levels from beginners to advanced-level chefs.
Pro Series 34 Pellet Smoker Grill Product Specs
Grill Size: 49x53x27 in.
Weight: 163 lbs
Grilling Area: 884 sq in
Fuel: Wood Pellets
Pros of the Pro Series 34 Pellet Smoker Grill
The Pro Series 34 Pellet Smoker Grill boasts a myriad of awesome features, like…
- Versatility– The Pro Series 34 Pellet Smoker can braise, roast, barbeque, and bake with the best of ’em!
- User-Friendly Controls– It’s essentially set-and-forget, just configure the temperature you want, and presto!
- Efficient– Instead of having to replace the propane tank all the time, or consume half the nation’s supply of charcoal for a family gathering, the Pro Series 34 Pellet Smoker Grill runs on hardwood chips fed into a hopper within the unit. The hopper supports 18 pounds worth of hardwood chips.
- Generous Grilling Area– According to Traeger, the Pro Series 34 Pellet Smoker Grill’s grilling area can handle up to 40 burgers, 7 racks of ribs, or 8 chickens!
- Steady Temperature Controls– You’d think when using wood fuel, you would have a hard time maintaining a consistent cooking temperature. Not so with the Pro Series 34 Pellet Smoker…the unit features Advanced Grilling Logic, a digital system that captures 60 temperature readings per minute to ensure that the temperature stays within 15 degrees of the desired cooking temperature level at all times!
Cons of the Pro Series 34 Pellet Smoker Grill
Relatively Low Maximum Temperature- Some outdoor chefs prefer higher temperatures than the maximum 450-degree capability of the Pro Series 34 Pellet Grill.
Consider the Pro Series 34 Pellet Smoker Grill If…
You’re in the market for a good starter model for smoker grills. While many of the smoker/grill combos easily reach four figures, the Pro Series 34 Pellet Smoker Grill will not break the bank and performs admirably.
I would recommend the Pro Series 34 Pellet Smoker Grill to anyone who is in the market for a versatile, cost-effective, and reliable option.
And don’t tell anyone…but I was once able to fit 8 racks of ribs on it, instead of the 7 the manufacturer advertises!