Blackberry iced tea has long been a staple of liquid summer refreshments. Iced tea, which has its origins in the American South, can now be made in a wide variety of flavors.
Today, we’ll be talking about how to make the best Instant Pot Blackberry Iced Tea recipe!
Quick Tip: To reduce bitterness, you should add a pinch of baking soda before brewing the tea. Remove tea bags as soon as the pressure has been fully released for optimal results!
Blackberry Iced Tea Specs:
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes active (+ time to come to pressure) Natural Release: 10 minutes
Serves: 4-6 Blackberry Iced Tea
Blackberry Iced Tea Ingredients
- 8 Cups of water
- 6 Organic black tea bags, paper tags removed
- 1½ Cups of fresh blackberries, divided
- 2 T. fresh basil, chopped
- ½ Cups of honey, (preferably local)
- ½ cup water
- 2 Teaspoons of lemon juice
Optional garnish: Fresh blackberries, fresh sprigs of basil
How to Make Blackberry Iced Tea
1) Add water, tea bags, and a half cup blackberries to Instant Pot® and stir to combine.
2) Add lid and lock into place.
3) Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 5 minutes.
4) While the tea is brewing, add remaining blackberries, basil, honey, and water to saucepan set over medium heat.
5) Cook, gently pressing on the blackberries to release their juices while continually stirring the mixture to combine, for 4-5 minutes.
6) Once the honey is completely melted, and the mixture starts to thicken, remove from heat and set aside.
7) When cook time on Instant Pot® is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release to release any remaining pressure.
8) Carefully strain hot tea mixture with a fine mesh strainer.
9) Pour the liquid into a large, heat-resistant pitcher and sweeten with the blackberry honey simple syrup before tasting.
10) Add fresh lemon juice and stir to combine all ingredients. Serve immediately over ice with fresh blackberries and a sprig of fresh basil for garnish. Enjoy!